WHITE II AND BLUE TEAM PROGRAM
Players and parents of try out candidates are encouraged to review the information below to insure that they are prepared to meet the requirements of playing on a Homewood Blue Team.
Contact Rob Dominguez, DOC for Senior Blue Teams for additional information: email@example.com.
SELECT TEAM PROGRAM INFORMATION
Homewood Soccer has two select team programs. The White II Team program is for teams of players of a single age group that play in the ASA State League Division II and are placed in brackets one year older than the player’s true age. This program is for committed soccer players who have worked hard to develop their skill level and wish to be challenged at a higher level.
The second program is the Blue Team Program for teams of players of a single age group that play in the ASA State League Division II and are placed in brackets of the player’s true age.
When teams of either program reach a true age level of U-13 or older they will play in either the ASA State League Division I or Division II. Teams displaying a high level of competency will be placed in ASA Division I. Homewood Soccer continues to move towards its strategic goal of having at least one Division I team, both boys and girls, in each age group from U-13 up.
Teams that have already been identified for Division I are shown on the Blue Team Coaching Assignment list. Decisions on other teams will be made after completion of tryouts. See the tryout schedule for details or download the documents in Excel format:
-Blue Team Coaching Assignment List
Players for both White II and Blue Teams are selected through a competitive try-out conducted June 1 to June 8, for the new soccer year beginning on July 1, 2013. Teams established for the fall season will stay together for the spring season. If replacement players are necessary for the spring season, the replacement players will be selected through a competitive try-out prior to the spring season. Playing on a Blue Team in the prior soccer year will not insure being selected for a Blue Team for the next soccer year.
The State League is established for teams put together through competitive selection process. The competition is serious and the level of play is high. Teams come from soccer organizations throughout the state of Alabama.
Being selected to play on a Blue Team brings with it certain important obligations and responsibilities, and each player and his/her parents should carefully consider them before accepting an offer to play on one of the Homewood Select Teams.
|Program Registration Fee (Each Season)||$110||$110|
|Blue Team Fee (Each Season)||$440||$440|
|Uniform Fee (One per year, purchased through website)||$85|
|Non-Resident Fee (Each Season)||$50||$50|
1. Select Team Fee. The fee covers the additional fees charged by ASA for playing in the State League, the registration for up to two tournaments and the ASA State Cup Tournament in the season when it is played. It also covers, the salary paid to coaches and travel expenses to out of Birmingham games paid to the coaches. Any travel costs associated with players and families attending tournaments, including lodging, meals, and travel are the responsibilities of the player.
2. Uniform Fee. A uniform kit must be purchased for each White II and Blue Team player. The uniform is purchased through the Homewood Soccer.com web site. For 2013-2014 Homewood Soccer will have a new Nike uniform kit that includes two jerseys of different colors, one pair of shorts and two pairs of socks. In addition each player will receive a practice jersey that is expected to be worn at each practice.
3. The fees above are the only ones charged. Homewood Soccer does not allow the request for or the collection of other money from players or their parents.
4. Homewood Soccer does not require a player to pay Spring Fees if they do not register for the spring. Players should be aware that ASA does require a full year commitment, and a player will not be allowed to change clubs in the spring.
5. Homewood Soccer does have a financial aid program and allows payment plans. Information is available on the web site on the Financial Aid page.
6. Players will not be allowed to play in a League game until they have paid their fees or completed a Payment Plan/Financial aid form.
The opportunity to play on a Homewood Soccer Select Team is an honor, but it creates a responsibility to the other members of the team. Team players are expected to be prompt, to work hard at practices and games, and to do additional practice and fitness on their own time. Please review the Select Team Player Expectation Document available on the web site. Acceptance of the terms of that document will be required during the on line registration process.
Each player is asked to discuss with his/her parents the expectations for playing on the team. If the player will have too many conflicts, the player should not accept an offer to be a part of a Select Team.